The 2017 L A M P International Lighting Design Competition Theme is:
B A L A N C E
There are no limitations on material types; theme is open to broad interpretation.
CLICK ON CATEGORY BELOW to download full Competition Guidelines:
Early Bird: June 1 - August 15
Final Deadline: December 15 2017
• Established: Early Bird: $70, Regular: $100
• Emerging: Early Bird: $45, Regular: $75
• Student: Early Bird: $25, Regular: $45
Fees kick in automatically depending on submission date. Submittable platform payment processing and hosting fees are added automatically.
Each project is evaluated on its own merits according to the following criteria:
• Aesthetics: Contemporary, visually stimulating, innovative, unique and marketable.
• Function: Simplicity in its intended use.
• Creativity: A unique approach & incorporation of the theme 'Cosmic'.
• Social and Environmental Responsibility: Respectful use of materials.
• Creative Interpretation of Theme: Please clearly state the design's individual take on this year's theme "Cosmic" in the concept statement.
March 15 - Competition Announced
April 1 - Competition Guidelines Posted
June 1 - Judges & Prizes Announced
June 1 - Submissions Open
August 1 - Early Bird Deadline
December 15 - Final Submissions Deadline
January 1st - Prototype images submitted to confirm completion
January 2nd - Judging commences
January 31st - People's Choice Vote Launches
February 28th - Judging completes
August 2018 - Competition Finalists Announced
FALL 2018 Date TBD - L A M P #5 EVENT