L A M P
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
L A M P is now closed for submissions. Thanks to all the talented designers who submitted this year!!! If you missed it, sign up on our website for updates to keep informed about next year's competition!
The 2016 L A M P International Lighting Design Competition Theme is:
There are no limitations on material types; theme is open to broad interpretation.
Early Bird: June 1 - June 15
Regular: June 16 - July 15
Late: July 15 Aug 15
• Established: Early Bird: $70, Regular: $85, Late: $100
• Emerging: Early Bird: $45, Regular: $60, Late: $75
• Student: Early Bird: $25, Regular: $30, Late: $45
Fees kick in automatically depending on submission date. Submittable platform payment processing and hosting fees are added automatically.
Each project is evaluated on its own merits according to the following criteria:
• Aesthetics: Contemporary, visually stimulating, innovative, unique and marketable.
• Function: Simplicity in its intended use.
• Creativity: A unique approach & incorporation of the theme 'Cosmic'.
• Social and Environmental Responsibility: Respectful use of materials.
• Creative Interpretation of Theme: Please clearly state the design's individual take on this year's theme "Cosmic" in the concept statement.
March 1 - Competition Announced
March 15 - Guidelines Posted
May 27 - Judges & Prizes Announced
June 1 - Submissions Open
June 1 - 15 - Early Bird Submissions
June 16 - July 15 - Regular Submissions
July 16 - August 15 - Late Submissions
AUGUST 15 - SUBMISSION DEADLINE. (Submissions Close at 11:59pm PST)
September 2 - Judging Complete
September 6 - Competition Finalists Announced
September 6 - People's Choice Online Voting Launched
October 17 - 30 Accepting Finalist's Materials
NOVEMBER 3 - L A M P 2016 EVENT
November 4 - 6 Exhibition open to the public